Instrumental Music Merit Scholarship
Criteria for Instrumental Music Merit Scholarship
St. Pius X High School offers this scholarship to students who show exceptional talent and promise in the area of instrumental performance. This award is open to students in grades 9-12, and students may reapply and re-audition for up to four years. The criteria are as follows:
- The student must be enrolled (or expect to be enrolled for the next school year) in Concert Band, Symphonic Band, String Orchestra, and/or Symphonic Orchestra.
- The student must submit a resume of musical experience, e.g. band or orchestra membership, recitals, musical performance, church music participation, music camps, etc.
- The student must prepare an audition with a prepared musical work of his or her choice. This audition will be judged by St. Pius performing arts faculty and at least one music faculty member from another educational institution. An accompanist is recommended but not required.
- A teacher must provide a letter of recommendation of the student as to talent, drive, and character. A letter from a music teacher is preferred but not mandatory.
- Upon receipt of the scholarship, the student must join or continue participation in at least one of the St. Pius X High School instrumental music performance classes.
- Scholarship auditions will be Thursday, May 12, 2022 3-6 PM. Live and in person on Stage 2 in the fine arts bldg.
Please return this completed application, resume, and a letter of recommendation from a teacher by Monday, May 9, 2022 by 5 PM.
- Completed application packets should be submitted to Keith Jordan, either:
- In person
- As an email attachment to [email protected] (please put ‘Scholarship Application: your last name’ in the subject box),
- Mailed to Keith Jordan C/O St. Pius X High School, 5301 St. Joseph’s Dr. NW Albuquerque, NM 87120