AP Updates 2019-2020
Beginning the school year, AP® Exam registration will take place this fall and AP students and teachers will have access to new instructional resources. The new instructional resources include unit guides, personal progress check, a bank of real AP questions, and more. AP® College Board has introduced new digital tools and processes. AP coordinators, teachers, and students have been given access to https://myap.collegeboard.org/login a personalized homepage with AP information, resources, and tools.
Exam ordering deadlines are now earlier in the school year, this fall rather than in the spring. The exam still remains $94.00 per exam and students enrolled in AP classes at St. Pius X are required to take the exam. Student payment for exams will be added to the parent’s FACTS account to streamline the payment process.
AP College Board piloted the fall registration process which resulted in the host of free resources available to students in AP Classes and AP teachers. Some of the resources include.
- An improved ordering system and time-saving registration labels for coordinators.
- Exams are ordered per student for each exam they are enrolled in rather than a bulk number of exams per subject.
- Schools can no longer order extra exams.
- Schools can’t give an exam ordered for one student to another student who wasn’t a part of the exam order.
- AP students were provided with information by their AP teachers to sign in to myap.collegeboard.org and enroll in their AP class sections using a unique code for each class.
- Students and teachers are able to utilize AP Classroom resources, and students are included in the AP coordinator’s exam roster in AP Registration and Ordering.
- Students access My AP Classroom allows them to receive assignments from their teachers, and get feedback on their performance.
- AP Teachers access to AP Classroom allows them to use new free resources including an online question bank of real AP Exam questions and performance results to help target additional practice on specific content and skills.